Week 3 - Assignment 1 - Stage 1 Backward Design

STAGE 1 – Desired Results
Established Goals:
Students will analyze how an idea, or person is elaborated in an informative text, and determine the point of view of the author. Students will identify the meaning of words as they are used in the text.
Understanding:
Students will understand the meaning of informative.
Students will understand the four kinds of point of view.
Students will understand what kind of vocabulary is used in an informative text.
Questions:
When would I write an informative paragraph?
What is the author trying to give over through this essay?
How can I determine if the paragraph is informative, persuasive, or descriptive?
How can I identify the point of view?

Students will know:
What the four points of view that an author may choose to use.(First person, Second Person Third Person - limited, Third person - omniscient)
Students will know what the author is trying to portray through this writing.
How to determine if the text is informational. (as opposed to persuasive or descriptive)



Students will be able to:
Read a few different texts (informative, persuasive, descriptive) and determine if they are informative texts, and explain how they know.
They will be able to explain what the paragraphs are informing about and will be able to identify the point of view of the author.

Comments

  1. Chava, your work is very clear! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chavie, I really enjoyed reading your blog! the information is portrayed very clearly and well. good luck with the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chava, your stage 1 is great! The questions and goals are clear and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chava,
    I found your work really clear and organized!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 4 - Assignment 2 - Stage 2 ELA

Week 3 - Backward Design - Stage 1 - Writing